Monday, October 27, 2008

USA New Entry Requirements

If you are travelling to the USA on 12 January 2009 or after you will need a Electronic Travel Authorization if you normally apply for entry under the USA Visa Waiver Program.

You will need to apply at least 72 hours before you travel for this authorisation to the USA (or even transit through the US) - without it you won't be able to board you plane.

For more details check the Department Homeland Security website -

The good news is the authorization will last for 2 years (or till your passport expires).  You will still need to complete entry documentation on arrival in the USA.

(Photo courtesy of

No comments: