Sunday, December 23, 2007

New Zealand Beaches

If you are visiting the North Island of New Zealand over this summer then check out the recent article on the best New Zealand beaches.

The article has some great photos and has chosen the following beaches.

  • Coopers Beach, Northland
  • Karikari Beach, Northland
  • Hot Water Beach, Coromandel Peninsula
  • Cooks Beach, Coromandel Peninsula
  • Hahei, Coromandel Peninsula
  • Bethells Beach, Auckland
  • Piha, Auckland
  • Cheltenham, Auckland
  • Raglan, Waikato
  • Mt Maunganui, Bay of Plenty
  • Ohope, Bay of Plenty
  • Wainui, Gisborne
If you are visiting the North Island it pays to remember that the West Coast beaches have black sand and tend to have more surf beaches, while the East Coast beaches have white sand.

The beaches listed above are only the top of the North Island but would recommend any beaches throughout New Zealand.

Do you have a favourite New Zealand beach? Then post a comment below.

1 comment:

Alana said...

I just want to say that I really love this website and I love this blog and I love New Zealand! I love meeting new people and love chatting on blogs and so I have made my own blog, its for people for Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland. It is called 'Experience - New Zealand' and is my first blog, it is unlike this blog but is also a lot of fun - checkout: (http://www.experience-dating.com/free-online-dating/free-online-dating/new-zealand.html)