Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A sign of the times

Turtle Cove, once proclaimed as an exclusive gay resort, is still courting "gays, lesbians and friends." Contrary to rumors, new manager Ross Palm says the resort is not going straight, rather broadening it appeal to satisfy those who say "exclusive" is discriminatory. The resort, undergoing a tidy up, is going ahead with special events like Women's Week in October. A new ad campaign starting mid-July will detail summer packages and events. Stay tuned for the new, improved Turtle Cove.

1 comment:

Phil said...

My partner & I just spent a couple of wonderful days and nights at Turtle Cove. It had been about 12 years since my last visit and the improvements are brilliant. Ross (manager), Sharon (FOM), Char and Kent all delightful and the guest rooms are fantastic. The food offerings on the menu are great and I actually found a NZ wine I hadn't tried before - delicious!!We'll certainly be back - sooner rather than later.